A revolutionary program of short burst, high-intensity exercise that uses your body’s signals to curb hunger as it burns fat and builds muscle
Over the last 26 years, thyroid pioneer Denis Wilson, MD, has trained thousands of physicians on the crucial relationships between the thyroid system, metabolism, and body temperature. He’s heard patients recount their inability to get fit using conventional approaches, and he’s understood their frustration. Based on the latest medical research, Dr. Wilson has created fastercise, a revolutionary practice that uses brief, strategically timed bursts of exercise to cancel hunger pangs, allowing people to more easily stick to a healthy eating plan and shift their bodies toward becoming leaner, faster, smarter, stronger, and healthier. Fastercise holds the promise of vindicating and liberating many of those who have struggled to improve their fitness, enabling them to transform their lives and reach their full potential.
By combining simple analogies and clear explanations of the physiology of the body’s energy pathways and response to food and exercise, Dr. Wilson reveals how conventional approaches to dieting and weight management can actually fight against the body’s priorities and lead to frustration and poor results. Fastercise is a time-efficient, convenient, and natural approach powerfully signals the body to burn fat and build muscle synergistically, leading to surprisingly beneficial and quick results.
The Power of Fastercise explains how fastercise can help you:
• Burn fat without going hungry
• Build your mitochondria to burn more fat and provide greater energy
• Stimulate muscle growth in just a few minutes a day
• Shift your body composition to less fat and more muscle
• Boost your body temperature and metabolic rate
• Look and feel younger
• Increase mental focus, learning, and productivity
• Decrease insulin resistance
• Decrease inflammation and improve immune function
• Improve respiratory fitness and athletic performance
• Get great results with any healthy diet, including low-carb and high-carb
In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Wilson lays out simple, practical strategies for combining fastercise with smart eating choices. Fastercise can provide excellent results for a wide range of people: seasoned athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and even those who dislike exercising or have physical limitations. Whatever your fitness goals are, fastercise can help you achieve them.